Sunday, January 6, 2013

Why I Rise - Part 10

Amanda Glenn Romualdo assertively stands up and voices her stand with us!
Amanda lives in the Salt Lake area and involves herself in her community as she shows below. She radiates with strength, intelligence and grace wherever she goes.

She tells how it is! "Why she is rising..."

" It’s simple: violence against women is inhuman. And it should never happen.

But it does. It doesn’t discriminate and happens to women of all walks of life—from those living in vanilla suburbia to women struggling in war-torn zones. I rise for my friends who have been victim to rape. I rise for my mother-in-law who was physically abused by her step-mom. I rise for my Sudanese ESL student who sadly told me, “I’m so lucky. I only got raped.” I rise for the fact that even our country’s leaders don’t get it and spew absurd crap like, “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to shut the whole thing down.” This needs to stop."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to remove any comments which we view as not consistent with our mission of providing a safe space.