Sunday, January 6, 2013

Why I Rise - Part 13



I am willing to rise up for the one billion cause being sexually abused my self when I was only 9yrs old by a guy I called my friend who was 16yrs old at a private school for all ages. I just froze and then he pulled a knife out and told me if I ever told anyone he would come and find me and hurt me. I don't remember how long before I finally told my mom but its all because of a friend that told. I needed to tell someone cause it was her cousin Daniel and he did it to her too but know one was willing to help her.

Well I finally told my mom what had happened and she got right on it. I went to counseling for a while didn't help till they but me in group counseling and heard some of the worst things from other girls, I thought to my self I didn't get it that bad and was thankful. Daniel, my sex offender, ended up just getting a slap on the hand, did some time in counseling and was thought he was cured or so they thought I don't remember how long it was when I ended running into him without him knowing who I was at a baseball game he was working at, nothing happened until a few months later my mom got the phone call that Daniel had done it again but this time he went further than he did with me and raped a girl in the janitor closet at the the baseball game.

NO MAN SHOULD EVER HAVE THAT RIGHT TO GET AWAY WITH THAT!!! I have gone the rounds of emotions with what I went through and many more incidents that challenged my life, but if wasn't for Capoeira I would never been able to get my self respect and confidence. So THANK YOU CAPOEIRA!!!

Jamie Barker
Salt Lake City, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to remove any comments which we view as not consistent with our mission of providing a safe space.