Monday, January 14, 2013

Why I Rise - Part 19


It takes strength to find the voice to speak loud, share, and fight.
From overseas in Australia we have stories being shared with us, this a global fight. As we rise locally, we rise globally.!!!!

"My own reason for rising is because I am a survivor – I was gang raped and sexually assaulted nearly 40 years ago by 5 men I thought were friends. At 18 I was too scared and too ashamed to tell anyone, so I buried my memories and never dealt with them – and now I suffer the psychological consequences. I have never gotten over it – probably never will – but OBR and what it stands for is, for me, a hand of help and friendship that I never had 40 years ago. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to remove any comments which we view as not consistent with our mission of providing a safe space.