Monday, January 21, 2013

Why I Rise - Part 29

Christine rises up with her community. She is such a great individual to have in our Salt Lake City Community! She is a beautiful soul, artist, mother, creator, friend, teacher, mentor and creative mind, among many others!
We thank her for her time as she adds her talents to our cause and creates something to be remembered!

She tells us "Why she rises..."

"In my lifetime I have felt the effects of violence towards women and girls closely, personally though the eyes of loved ones, through the eyes of an image looking back in the mirror. It has caused me many things and it has cost me many things. I have been in the car, driving in the early morning, listening to the horrors globally, stories of women raped and tortured, so recently, and I have shed tears. It is the same tears I have shed for myself, for my loved ones, for my neighbor down the street who does not know she has an ally living two houses away. It is the same tears I shed for you, and even though we have not met, we are connected in this. It will be the same tears I will shed tomorrow, when I open the paper and read the headline from a small town in another part of the world. It will happen again, over and over, again. But I will rise up. I will dance with you because I can; because when there is a community that bonds together and when, from that, there is a movement that is created, and then, liberation, there is, and always will be, hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to remove any comments which we view as not consistent with our mission of providing a safe space.