Monday, January 21, 2013

Why I Rise - Part 26

Henia Belalia rises with WOMYN of One Billion Rising.
She is a very active individual within her Salt Lake community and completely passionate about making the change that is necessary.
Thank you Henia for sharing your support and putting your time and effort into our community!

"I am STRIKING because as a woman, my voice has been discarded as inconsequential and irrelevant, my body violated and abused, and my mind invaded by social expectations and materialistic burdens. As a woman of color, I have been cast aside and confined to ignorant stereotypes.

I am DANCING because real change comes from the soul. Because it takes creativity and heart power to awaken our collective consciousness and shift our paradigm -- in how we speak, live and treat one another.

I am RISING with my sisters and our allies across the world, because the time has come for WOMYN to come into our own power and to challenge the status quo of a patriarchal, white man's world. I am RISING for womyn and girls across the world who have been beaten, confined, mutilated, tortured and silenced time and time again.

It's time to Strike. To Dance. And to Rise."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to remove any comments which we view as not consistent with our mission of providing a safe space.